My hat WAS basically done, but I had to go and fiddle with it because I wasn’t quite happy.
- My gauge was a bit small, so the hat fit was a bit tight. Maybe I should have blocked it first, but I decided to slowly feed in some extra yarn to loosen it up. That took many hours.
- It was just a TEENSY bit short for me, which is once again a gauge issue. So…. I decided to rip out the ribbing at the bottom so I could add some more length. BAD IDEA. I didn’t know this, but ripping back ribbing from the cast-on edge is a terrible undertaking. Here’s a link explaining why ( I looked it up AFTER I attempted it and made a mess of my knitting. I then resorted to the method of snipping the row above the ribbing and slowing removing that row.)
So overall, I’m thinking that I could have knit the hat all over again in the same time it’s taking to “fix” it. And I’m not even surprised.