I’m back from another trip! February has been a month of traveling, and this past weekend I flew to Denver with my husband to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and adorable nephews.
The trip was wonderful, and while we didn’t get to see much of Denver, we had a lot of quality family time.
My Top Five List from Denver
- My adorable twin nephews! They just turned one year old, so the focus of the weekend was a party for their birthday. They loved the cupcakes and all of the attention. I loved making them laugh and snuggling them in my arms!
- Visiting with family. We had a big gathering for the party, with other family driving from parts of Colorado, and my mom and sister-in-law’s family flying from other states. Some of my family I haven’t seen in over 10 years, so it was great to see them and meet their tiny adorable children.
- Geeking out with my DSLR. After much deliberation, I decided to bring my DSLR to Denver instead of my little point-and-shoot, and I am very glad I did. I took some great pictures of my nephews and the party, and I talked with one of the partygoers (my sister-in-law’s brother’s girlfriend) about photography and camera gear.
- Great food. Between cooking in the apartment, and going out to eat, we ate really well. Great mediterrean, a place called Modmarket with great sandwiches, and homemade frittatas, just to name a few.
- Surprisingly good weather and seeing the mountains. I couldn’t believe it, but the weather was nicer in Denver than it was here in Pennsylvania! It was warmer, and they had less snow. Go figure! Also, we weren’t very close to the mountains, but we could see them from my brother’s place.
And what does all of this fun mean for knitting? Ordinarily, all of this flying would mean lots of knitting time, but we had early morning flights, and I was just not awake enough to knit, much less do colorwork. So the new scarf for my mom hasn’t progressed at all.
Have a great week, everyone!